JOB-RELATED EDUCATION FUND FOR SUPPORT STAFF
Application and Approval Process, Terms and Conditions
1. The Job-Related Education Fund for Support Staff Committee meets once a month to review reimbursement applications. Applications should be received at the C.U.P.E. Office prior to the conference/course date.
2. An employee is eligible to be reimbursed for up to five job related courses per school year (July 1 – June 30) with the maximum reimbursement for the five courses being $500.
3. Applicants must submit a copy of the conference/course brochure and fee schedule with their application.
4. The fund does not cover membership fees. If membership fees are included in the conference fee, they will be deducted.
5. Accommodation, meals, parking, transportation, textbooks, supplementary materials, replacement and/or late registrations fees will not be covered by the Education Fund for Support Staff.
6. Expenses beyond the approved amount will not be funded.
7. A copy of your application will be returned to you with notification of approval or denial.
8. If you require time off from work, a “Leave of Absence” form must be completed and submitted to your supervisor. Please note that a replacement for your position will not be provided.
9. Please notify the Committee at the C.U.P.E. Union Office as soon as possible if you are approved for funds and DO NOT attend the conference/course.
10. Upon completion of the conference/course, send the approved Job-Related Education Fund for Support Staff application form, your original receipt along with a copy of documentation of successful completion (e.g. Statement of Marks, Recognition Certificate) to the C.U.P.E. Union Office.
11. C.U.P.E. will send the above documentation to the District Administration Office. Your bank account will be credited or a cheque will be authorized and mailed to you.
12. Application forms and original receipts must be received within 4 weeks of the conference/course completion or funding will be cancelled.
13. Casuals and temporary staff are welcome to apply for funds and will be considered if funds remain available at the end of the fiscal year.